The 100th Anniversary of the Gallipoli landing should see the largest gathering ever for the dawn service at North Beach. Accommodation on and around the peninsula will be at a premium and most will need to travel long distances. Those attending the service will need to overnight at North Beach leaving them exposed to the elements. Amenities on the peninsula are limited and the weather is unknown, rain fell when our ANZACs landed so you need to be prepared for both the overnight chill and possible rain.
Whilst we have no control over the weather our cruise guests will be in the comfort of their cabins up to 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the dawn service. Coffee, tea and biscuits will be available 24/7 and breakfast will follow the service. The ship will anchor off the shores of Gallipoli and all on-board will be part of our special 100th anniversary service.
Our cruise guests will not have to overnight on land at Gallipoli on the 24th April because we will anchor off the Gallipoli shore. Our guests will be able to participate in the dawn service from the ship. For travellers that have limited mobility, the cruise is the perfect solution to be part of the Gallipoli dawn service.
Guests will visit the Gallipoli peninsula on the 19th and 20th April. This will allow you to explore the beaches and heights prior to the arrival of the expected crowds. This 2 day visit is part of the cruise package and our historians will accompany you ashore to visit the beaches. Our historians will provide a detailed insight into the hardships our Anzac’s faced.
The cruise is not until 2015, which gives potential travellers time to prepare for the voyage. This trip will be a chance to see many destinations in the world and to be part of the 100th anniversary of ANZAC Day at Gallipoli.
Embarking at the Fremantle port in Western Australia will be such a wonderful and exciting experience. This location will provide an amazing atmosphere of dignitaries, special guests, marching bands and entertainment with all their colour and spectacle of the ship leaving port. The cruise will then sail down to the town of Albany. This is the original location where Australian soldiers embarked from and the beginning of their journey to Gallipoli.
With stops in Colombo, Luxor, Cairo, Kusadasi, Canakkale, Istanbul, Santorini, Athens, Palermo, Naples & Rome, this trip will allow guests the pleasure of seeing many other parts of the world. The cruise will include excellent day tour options to ensure that all of the best sightseeing attractions are covered in each location.
Most importantly the cruise ship will arrive to Gallipoli on the 19th & 20th April so that guests can see all the sights of the area without the crowd. The ship will return for ANZAC Day to be involved in the celebrations of our 100th anniversary on the 25th April.
Our clients will have the luxury of the ship at all times and the assistance of well trained staff, war historians and a mixture of Australian entertainment. We will present a wonderful ANZAC theme on board which will be a feature of the voyage.
|1||26/03/2015||Fremantle, Australia||Board 12 noon|
|2||27/03/2015||Fremantle, Australia||Depart 7am|
|3||28/03/2015||Albany, Australia||Arrive 11am depart 4pm|
|7||01/04/15||Cocos (Keeling) Island||Arrive 7pm Depart 9pm|
|11||05/04/15||Colombo||Arrive 8am Depart 6pm|
|20||14/04/15||Luxor/ Karnak (Safaga), Egypt||Arrive 6am Depart 7pm|
|21||15/04/15||Suez Canal, Egypt|
|22||16/04/15||Cairo, Port Said||Arrive 6am Depart 8am|
|24||18/04/15||Kusadasai (Ephesus), Turkey||Arrive 6am Depart 6pm|
|25||19/04/15||Canakkale (Anzac Cove), Turkey||Arrive 6am|
|26||20/04/15||Canakkale (Anzac Cove), Turkey||Depart 6pm|
|27||21/04/15||Istanbul, Turkey||Arrive 7am Depart 6pm|
|29||23/04/15||Santorini, Greece||Arrive 7am Depart 6pm|
|31||25/04/15||Anzac Cove, Turkey (At Sea)||Arrive 2am Depart 12 noon|
|32||26/04/15||Athens (Piraeus), Greece||Arrive 7.30am Depart 6.30pm|
|34||28/04/15||Palemo||Arrive 7am Depart 6pm|
|35||29/04/15||Capri/Pompeii, Naples||Arrive 7am Depart 6pm|
|36||30/04/15||Rome (Civitavecchia)||Arrive 7am|
Deposits are 10% of fare and are fully refundable until October 2012. Your deposit will confirm your seat on the cruise so book today to ensure you don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime voyage.
• Guests are personally escorted to their cabin on embarkation. All cabins on the ships are equipped with every convenience: en-suite bathroom, air conditioning, telephone, TV, minibar and safe.
• Guests can also enjoy continental breakfast in their cabin (complimentary service).
• Excursions on shore to Albany & Gallipoli will be included in the cruise.
• The Black Tie Ball on the opening night will include selected wine, beer, soft drink and juice as well as the opening night concert by Australian entertainers.
• All passengers will be able to attend live concerts on board to all Australian entertainers on the cruise.
• All entertainment activities are included: games, tournaments, dance contests, parties, theme nights and theatre shows. All children’s entertainment, with special Clubs for children of 3 years and upwards.
• Full-board includes: breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, midnight buffet and snacks. The cruise also offer guests: a welcome buffet, the Captain’s cocktail and Gala evenings with special menus. Special dietary needs are also catered for.
Fitness & Relaxation
• Fitness: gym with instructors. Sport: volleyball, golf, on deck jogging track with an ever changing view.
• Sun: pool and whirlpools.
• Relax: relaxation room.
Europe, Middle East, Australia